NOTE: sleeve has small bump on one edge, due to transport! Hence the reduced price.
Mod was a peculiarly British movement. It originated in early-Sixties London without spreading significantly to America or Europe, although it did pave the way for the Swinging London scene which fascinated the world. Yet if the influences which created the distinctive Mod look came from a variety of different locations, the music had to be American – and the less mainstream the better. This album reflects that philosophy.
1. Last Night ~ The Mar-Keys
2. Just A Little Bit ~ Rosco Gordon
3. Watch Your Step ~ Bobby Parker
4. When You See Me Hurt ~ Carl Lester & The Showstoppers
5. Hurricane ~ Dave ‘Baby’ Cortez
6. (Do The) Mashed Potatoes ~ Nat Kendrick & The Swans
7. Turn On Your Love Light ~ Bobby ‘Blue’ Bland
8. If You Gotta Make A Fool Of Somebody ~ James Ray
9. I Like It Like That ~ Chris Kenner
10. Please Mr. Postman ~ The Marvelettes
1. The Mountain’s High ~ Dick & Dee Dee
2. Pony Time ~ Don Covay & The Goodtimers
3. Hey Little Girl ~ Dee Clark
4. Buttered Popcorn ~ The Supremes
5. You Can’t Sit Down ~ Phil Upchurch Combo
6. Peppermint Twist ~ Joey Dee & The Starliters
7. Volcano ~ Billy Preston
8. Searchin’ ~ The Coasters
9. Sweets For My Sweet ~ The Drifters
10. Peanut Butter ~ The Marathons
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.